Mercury MerCruiser 8.2L MAG ECT 380 HP Inboard Marine Engine
New Mercury MerCruiser 8.2L MAG ECT 380 HP Inboard Marine Engine For Sale
A high-displacement footprint allows the V-8s to work smarter – not harder – with lower max rpm to ensure longer engine life. Engine Guardian is standard and averts potential problems with timely intervention, while the Cool Fuel Module prevents vapor lock.
Long runner intakes pack more air into the chamber, while the advanced MPI system fine-tunes the fuel-to-air mix, producing more power on combustion. High performance aluminum cylinder heads improve mid-range acceleration. Optional SmartCraft Digital Throttle & Shift provides silky-smooth operation.
Big Power From Little Gas.
These big blocks put all the power you want on the line when you need it – just the ticket for larger cruisers. The high-output alternator generates 65 percent more power than previous models. Yet the MPI and ECT systems also ensure maximum fuel economy. And these engines take 87-octane gas!
The MercFusion Paint System creates an outer seal against the elements, while MerCathode provides automatic protection against galvanic corrosion. For maximum defense against saltwater effects, the SeaCore industrial hardcoat anodizing system and closed-cooling circuit is available.
- HP / kW: 380 / 283
- Maximum RPM (WOT): 4600 - 5000
- Engine type: V-8
- Displacement (L): 8.2
- Bore and stroke: 4.47 x 4.00" / 113.5 x 101.6 mm
- Compression ratio: 8.75:1
- Recommended fuel: Unleaded Regular 87 Octane Minimum (R+M/2) or 90 RON 10% Ethanol Maximum
- Engine control system: PCM 09 with SmartCraft CAN capability OBD-M diagnostics Dual oxygen sensors
- Fuel delivery system: Multi-point Electronic Fuel Injection (MPI)
- Air induction: High inertia induction system
- Ignition: Distributorless ignition with knock control
- Alternator amp / Watt: 65 amp / 917 watt
- Water drain system: Single point air actuated
- Exhaust system: Tuned runner exhaust manifolds with 316 stainless steel tubular dry joint elbows
- Cooling system: Brass sea water pump, Closed cooling, Long life 5-year antifreeze
- Accessory drive system: Auto-tensioner, Serpentine belt
- Recommended oil: NMMA Certified FCW 25W-40 Synthetic Blend
- Engine guardian system: SmartCraft Engine Guardian
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 35 x 33 x 24" / 878 x 838 x 610 mm
- Weight (engine only): 1,122 lbs / 509 kg
- Compatible drives: Bravo One X, Bravo One XR, Bravo Three X, Bravo Three XR, Bravo Two X